Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My Favorite Things! Water Bottle

Looking for the "What Are Your Rocks?" series which Sifu recommended? Click here!


You know you were going to sing it anyway!
I'm starting a new series called "My Favorite Things" with this post!  At first read, it sounds perhaps materialistic.  For me, it's actually the opposite!  I've been trying to make purchasing decisions based on how much the object I wish to own will improve my life (improving the planet or society also counts as improving my life)!  These objects are all things which have been well worth the money, changing my life in small ways, and I'd like to share!


Today's post is about reusable water bottles.  I've had so many kinds:  metal canteen-style, straw-based, flip top, screw top, transparent, opaque, hand-wash, dishwasher safe, sports bottles, glass, and of course the reused-bottled-water-bottle-I-bought-at-the-gas-station-and-filled-at-the-tap.

Last week I received the ultimate reusable water bottle!  I love it so much, it's actually quite ridiculous!  I got four for the family, everyone picking their own color so we can easily tell them apart.  Here's the big reveal:



It's "practically perfect in every way!"My cobalt color.
It looks so unassuming, doesn't it?  Here are the reasons this is now my constant companion:
  • Volume is a perfect 32 oz.  Any more would be cumbersome, and filling it three times a day hits my daily water goal! 
  • It has an "autoseal" so you don't have to worry about accidental spills.  There's a properly placed button in the back of the lid which you depress with a finger to open the seal as you drink.  Brilliant!
  • Autoseal isn't technically drip-proof (the description says it is, but Andrew claims he had a drop sneak out...idk), but it's darn close.  I throw mine in my gym bag, it rolls around the car a little (I know, sloppy!), and I can use it laying down without it spilling all over myself, even when full!
  • Autoseal keeps the bugs out!  This is a great choice for enjoying the outdoors
  • Autoseal is simple enough a toddler could us it, and they come in a variety of colors and sizes to suit.
  • Autoseal allows me to shake/mix a beverage in the cup
  • Lid is wide enough to easily get ice cubes in and for water to flow through it in the dishwasher.  Prefer hand-washing?  Wider lid is better for that, too, but you'll still have a hard time fitting your hand in there...keep your bottle brush!
  • Partial transparency is just enough to be fun, but to also see what's inside--the level of the beverage (markings on the side), what you have in there (forget much?), how well mixed if applicable, or see what your kid is drinking (think it's water, but the carbonation is a give-away!
  • No straws!
  • All Dishwasher safe
  • Variety of colors and sizes including a more narrow version to fit in most cupholders
  • BPA-free
  • Handy loop on the top which I didn't think was a big deal until I found myself with my arms full, but still dangling my water bottle off of a finger!

Everyone in our family is loving their new water bottles!  Longevity?  I don't know yet...I'll post an update if I have any issue with breaking parts, but it feels very sturdy.

Hope you enjoyed my enthusiasm for this small investment which encourages such a healthy lifestyle and is good for the planet as well!  Comment below if you get one; share what you think!

Note:  Not all Contigo water bottles have the autoseal feature.  Be sure you get one that does!

Greg got the "smoke" color
Andrew chose the svelte 24 oz
in this light green color
Evan got this blue one; it has a dark top
so we don't mix it up with mine.  Doesn't
have "autoseal" in the title, but it's in the
description
Enjoy this Story of Stuff video if you wish!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Some users are having trouble with posts disappearing if they are not signed in prior to entering their comment. You may want to highlight and copy your entry before choosing a signature. Choosing "Anonymous" may be another way to avoid trouble. Thanks for commenting!