Thursday, April 21, 2011

Natural Wonders

While I was in the bathtub today, I noticed a strange and beautiful phenomenon.

I had the window cracked just a touch because I enjoy fresh air...and given that this Spring is so delayed, I must admit I'm a bit antsy for open windows! It was in the 40's outside, so there was quite a chill seeping in!

The hot water from the tub was creating a slight amount of steam.

These two temperature extremes met on the window. I noticed a little bit of fog on the window near the opening. Not paying too much attention to it, I thought I saw it moving. Changing. Growing and shrinking, very slightly. Barely noticeable.

Then I started paying attention to it, and began to appreciate how beautiful it was. Its form reminded me of a coastline, and the growing and receding effect similar to the ocean surf's pulse. When a strong wind blew in, it nearly disappeared, and the fog would slowly build back up...it was so incredibly beautiful!

There is so much beauty and wonder everywhere in our world. I thought about how some places, environments, planets wouldn't even have any water vapor in the air to create such an interesting effect, and what else is out there that either can't be created in my own environment, or that I'm not equipped with the sensory tools needed to experience it.

Beauty is dominant, beauty is infinite. Wonder is infinite. Nature is wonder-full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some users are having trouble with posts disappearing if they are not signed in prior to entering their comment. You may want to highlight and copy your entry before choosing a signature. Choosing "Anonymous" may be another way to avoid trouble. Thanks for commenting!