Sunday, January 15, 2012

Operation FEAT: Week 3, Closing Closet Doors

(Family Effort to Achieve Tidiness)

Hahahaha...sorry, I couldnt' resist!
Progress, progress, progress!  I'm happy to report there were NO new fines  for Week 1's goal of No Clothes on the Floor!  Woot!

Week 2's goal (pushing in chairs), on the other hand...well, we got lots of money into the kitty!  There were several infractions each day--showing a rare bit of mercy, I sometimes let it go, as I thought the boys were going to get VERY frustrated with all of the actual fines.  I still collected at least 25 cents each day...and there was very little progress seen until about day 5!

Week 3's cumulative goal is keeping closet doors shut!  The biggest ones that grate on my nerves are gaping pantry doors, the boys' bedroom closet, and the foyer closet (where the shoes pile up and the coats are often messy).  Mom and Dad are going to have to watch themselves with this one, too!

When starting this project, I was a little skeptical that I could enforce 52 tidiness habits by the end of the year, but I'm very encouraged by the apparent mastery of Week 1's goal already!!!  Maybe this can be done, after all!!!

Of course, the hardest ones are yet to come....stay tuned!

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some users are having trouble with posts disappearing if they are not signed in prior to entering their comment. You may want to highlight and copy your entry before choosing a signature. Choosing "Anonymous" may be another way to avoid trouble. Thanks for commenting!